Scott and White Health Plan offers a multitude of wellness services to its members. All of the services listed are available to our members at no additional cost.
Through our Wellness programs, you have free access to a Health Coach by phone anytime, day or night. Your Health Coach is specially trained to provide you with health information and support.
Health Coaches have on average 10 to 15 years of experience and are trained, caring health professionals, such as nurses, respiratory therapists, or dietitians. They are available 24/7 to answer your questions. Your Health Coach will support you and your family as you work with your doctor to make the best health choices.
When should you call a Health Coach?
Here are just a few examples of when to call:
- When you want to make a healthy change in your life. For example losing weight, quitting smoking, lowering stress, or eating better
- After learning you have an ongoing health condition such as diabetes, asthma, COPD, or heart disease
- When you or a loved one have a symptom such as a sore throat, muscle strain, or fever
- When you are thinking about treatment choices-including surgery, medicines, and other treatments
- If you have questions about your medicines or are prescribed a new medicine and want to know more about it
- When you have any health concern or question
There is no question too big or too small for your Health Coach and the call is free. Start a conversation today at 1 (877) 505-7947.
Complex Case Management
This program is for members who have chronic conditions or complex care needs. A nurse case manager will work with members, families, and the physician to create a plan to meet the member’s ongoing complex care needs. Case managers advocate for members and assist them with setting goals and making a personal plan to improve their health. They also can assist with arrangements for necessary services. Case managers answer questions and provide education to help members have a better understanding of their condition and plan of care.
For more information, please request a screening to see if Complex Case Management is the right program for your needs.
Shared Decision Making
Our Shared Decision Making program offers preference-sensitive condition support. Preference-sensitive condition support extends to conditions for which either science supports multiple acceptable treatment options, or there is inadequate scientific information about the treatment choices.
Our Health Coaches can help you make an informed decision about the treatment you would like to receive. Decision support for preference-sensitive conditions addresses a wide range of topics, including:
- Coronary heart disease decisions about bypass surgery and angioplasty
- Back pain (e.g., non-specific back pain, spinal stenosis, and herniated disc)
- Uterine fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, and other conditions that can often lead to hysterectomy
- Men's health, including benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer, and PSA testing
- Breast cancer and ductal carcinoma in situ and decisions about surgery, radiation therapy, adjuvant therapy, and reconstruction
- End-of-life care, including advance directives
- Obesity and/or weight-loss surgery
Call a Health Coach today at 1 (877) 505-7947 or visit the Shared Decision Making support pages in the Dialog Center.
The Dialog Center
What is the Dialog Center? It's an online health and wellness site that complements personal health coaching. The Dialog Center contains
The HealthWise® Knowledgebase
- Look up information on medical conditions, tests, and drugs
- Watch videos made by patients and/or doctors
- Use interactive tools such as quizzes and calculators
- Check on symptoms you may be having through the Symptom Checker
- Look up information on Support Groups
- English and Spanish
Shared Decision Making®
- Shared Decision Making® Programs contain unbiased information organized around Preference-Sensitive Decisions. For example: Should I have knee surgery or manage my condition non-surgically?
- Includes medical opinions reflecting different points of view
- Shares the experiences of real patients who made different choices when faced with the same decision
- Programs are designed to help members have meaningful dialog with their doctor about their options
- Topics range from breast and prostate conditions to back pain and heart disease
Health Coach Message Center
- Send secure e-mail to a Health Coach
- Receive messages from your Health Coach
- Bookmark information you receive from your Health Coach so you can find it easily
Click the link to learn more about the Dialog Center and available resources.